Wednesday, September 12, 2012

In Memorium

I thought I would pay homage to some of my favorite foods from when I didn't give a crap about what I ate. Let me clarify something, my mother certainly never approved of most of these things, they were mostly things I bought while I was attending Chico State. However, due to either knowledge or one too many tummy upsets I have removed them from diet completely.

Ah hem, without further ado. Here is a list of stuff I used to enjoy and now no longer consume.

1. El Monterrey Bean & Cheese Burritos. Wow! I used to love those things. Slap some extra cheese on those puppies and you're talking! I think the cooking process took less than five minutes. I pass by them in the store and sometimes I almost consider buying them...almost.


2. Foster Farms Corn Dogs. I don't miss these. They have always been gross, but when you use lots of mustard you almost can't taste the factory farm meat, almost.


3. Yoplait Yogurt. Aw yes. I loved these in high school! Those by gone days when I didn't think about high fructose corn syrup, or thickeners, or other stuff that is probably in there. It has been so long since I had one I don't even know. What I do know is when you can buy a dairy product for about 20 cents there is a problem.


4. E.L. Fudge Cookies. Honestly, if someone came up to me and said "do you want an E.L. Fudge cookie?" I would probably say yes. Still, I think my desire to eat them stemmed more from...um...let us call them 'mood enhancers' than actually wanting to eat the cookies. They were tasty little buggers though!



5. McDonald's Chicken Sandwich. This was a guilty pleasure even then. It took me longer to give up this piece of deep-fried factory-farmed goodness but now I don't even know why I liked these things...they are pretty gross.

6. Morning Star Farms Products. I'm going to be completely honest, this one was hard. As a kid I used to eat these things all the time and I continued that into my adulthood. And then I started learning about GMO's and all that. Plus Morning Star was bought out by Kellog's not so long ago and from that point on it was goodbye natural product integrity and hello round-up ready soy. Sigh. I oh so loved the chik nuggets too!



7. Reese's Puffs Cereal. I can still remember the commercial from my childhood. "It's Reese's for breakfast!" Bless my mother, she never let this crap in her house, but once I had my own house to put crap in she couldn't stop me! This cereal is actually considered the most unhealthy cereal on the market. That comes from researchers at Oxford University, not from me.


1 comment: